about 1 year ago
At Cascade we are Celebrating Success Everyday!
Recognizing the good in students is an integral part of the culture at Cascade Elementary Our staff seeks ways to give positive praise and recognition to our students. Below are a few of the ways we recognize students across the whole school.
September - Kindness
October - Respect
Nov/Dec - Tolerance
January - Responsibility
February - Cooperation
March - Trustworthy
April - Initiative
May - Perseverance
Four times per year, we will put together Celebration Assemblies to publicly honor our great students. At these assemblies, we will:
HAVE SOME FUN!
about 1 year ago
Cascade Cub Leaders
Student Leadership Club
The Student Leadership Club is a program designed to promote service learning for students in 4th grade. The Student Leadership Club is a group of students interested in helping out around the school and modeling positive behaviors for younger students. This program will help students build leadership skills.
What do student leaders do?
- Learn ways to be a good leader (called leadership skills)
- Help teachers with different jobs such as making copies, cutting out pictures, preparing bulletin boards, etc.
- Help other students by being a bus “buddy”, a tutor, a peer helper, or a special recess friend
- Help staff members
- Assist with Box Top collections and promotions
- Attend PTO meetings
- Promote special days, like “Crazy Sock Day”
- Make posters to display around the school
- Assist with special announcements
- Help with school safety
- Help organize special events such as Picture Day, Celebration assemblies, etc…
- Help with school-wide projects such as clean-up day, bake sales, or food drives
- Greet visitors to the school and give them a tour
- Give new students and families a tour of the school
- Safety patrol – open doors, greet peers and watch out for the safety of students, staff, and volunteers
- Help in the library
- Help in the computer lab: turn on computers, stock supplies, etc…
What is the time commitment?
If you sign up to be a member of the Student Leadership Team you agree to:
- Attend 3 sessions of leadership training (called Leadership Academy).
- Depending on how many students sign up, you would be a student leader for at least half of the school year.
- You might be doing some of your jobs before 8:30, during lunch, recess, or after school.